I have been enjoying my summer but I haven’t had a lot of time to blog! I have recently received a few awards and I am very honored and would like to ‘share the love’! Perhaps you will find inspiration in the blogs that I’ve tagged in return, hope you do…
"Brilliant Blogger" Award:
I was awarded this by no fewer than three other bloggers! Susan Daly who is not only ‘brilliant" but tireless in her daily inspiration that she gives us as well as by Julie and Maria who have fabulous sites! Check out their blogs and tell them I sent you.
I am supposed to tag 7 bloggers, so I will tag seven of them for BOTH awards. Click the ‘read more’ for the award details and my 7 choices of inspirational blogs!
For my second award, I was tagged with a "Tag" by Leslie Banks . Thank you Leslie. It comes with some rules… I have to share 7 random facts and tag 7 others. All facts about me fall under ‘random’ so it was easy. So from the files of "TMI" here are a few:
SEVEN RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME…
- Yes, my hair is really red. Since my early 20’s I have been not only asked "what color I use" but also once in awhile, I get a "wow, I like that color better than your last one…" Things like time in the sun and certain hair care products can affect the color, so perhaps that’s why they say that.
- I have found that people can immediately love me–or immediately dislike me. Now at this point in my life, I’m actually okay with that. I have found that if I instantly annoy you, it may only get worse… but if you like me, we may end up BFF’s. The ‘instant dislike’ thing is actually a time saver, you know… all that effort you put into a relationship isn’t wasted, LOL!
- I am a terrible instigator. I am able to make otherwise well-behaved people do things they would never do normally. I discovered this talent in high school. In fact (in high school), I was tapped for a "leaders" program… they saw leadership potential in me. I was dropped from the program when it was apparent that I was most likely to ‘lead others into temptation…".
- I laugh at inappropriate times. This did not serve me well in Catholic school (see Point #3 for more reference). Laughing in the principal’s office–oh say for example, in front of an angry nun–isn’t a wise thing. I also have been known to cause laughing at funerals (and worse having it be about the dearly departed…). It’s kind’ve a nervous thing (hee, hee…).
- I repeat myself. I have very little short term memory. Drives my family nuts. However, I will always laugh at your jokes (they’ll never get old) and I won’t tell your secrets (what was that again?).
- I can’t hear. I have had a recurring cholesteatoma (benign tumor in the inner ear) which has taken a lot of the hearing in my left ear. Actually, I can hear sound but cannot discern what is being said (like hearing under water). In the years that I was in denial, I would be embarrassed to admit it and just agree with whatever was said. Got me in trouble MORE than a few times… (memo to me: don’t just agree…).
- So, as a wrap up, #5 & #6 combine to make me appear to be a moron at times, however I think that I am a happier person. The lack of short term memory makes it difficult to carry a grudge and not being able to hear has made my life with 4 kids (three of them teenage girls) more carefree. I’m sure I’m not missing anything I want to hear!!!
Too much information, I know, I know….
My tags: For my tags, I am trying to choose ladies who are talented but perhaps unappreciated. I have chosen from people who have left feedback on my site with their site listed… I love to check out who is checking me out and I am really as inspired by them as they are with me!
- Becky Roberts, Inkingidaho.blogspot.com
- Vicki Allgaier, InkingArt.com
- Michelle Tech, 2stampis2b.blogspot.com
- Paula Goff, Inkingaddict.blogspot.com/
- Yvonne Metz, Yvonnesstampingplace.com/
- Brandy Parshley, BarelyBananaDays.blogspot.com
- Yvonne Campbell, Campbellcreations.net/
Tell them I’ve tagged them!